If I had a big business, I would fire people whenever I needed to without remorse. If I had to get rid of employees in order to grow my business, I would. I think that it is fine for companies to lay people off, for whatever reason, however morally or ethically unjust or repugnant. A business's objective is to make money and if its workers become unnecessary, let them go.
Workers need to understand that when they select a career, or job, just how expendable they may be to that company and brace themselves for a potential set back. A company doesn't owe you anything. If you want them to owe you something then make sure you make a legal and binding contract with them, stating all that they will do for you in certain situations such as a layoff or firing. Most companies won't do that for you but, that's just how things are.
If I had a small business, I would run a tight ship. It would be super efficient in all ways and I would not have to lay anybody off or fire them too often.
COMM 203 - Reading 6 - Video Game Hirings and Firings - UPROXX
No comments:
Post a Comment